This unit covers the competency required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation. This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
- PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
This course has been developed to cater for corporate group bookings and applies to employees in the workplace who have been identified and require the skills and knowledge to represent their company as a fire warden or who are current fire wardens and are required to remain up-to date with all statutory and regulatory changes to their duties. This unit may be applied across all industries.
This unit places responsibility on individual employees who are delegated responsibility as part of an emergency control organisation to participate in the preparation of workplace emergency procedures; alert and report potential workplace emergencies; evaluate the need to evacuate a work area; prepare for an evacuation; and assist people who may require assistance in accordance with workplace emergency procedures.
This course is delivered by a fully qualified industry professional using a blended learning method of theory and practical demonstrations and assessments.
Duration: 4 Hours (1/2 Day)
Pre-requisites - No individual public enrolments are taken for this course
Refresher Training: No legal training requirements for fire wardens exist in legislation, but it is recommended that fire wardens retake the course every 12 months in accordance with Australian Standards to remain up-to-date with all statutory and regulatory changes to their duties.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Supply their USI number on enrolment
- Speak and write in English and have good literacy and numeracy skills. In order to meet the competency of this course, participants will be required to read and write detailed reports and communicate complex skills to other participants.
- Wear or bring; Site PPE or comfortable clothing
- Person is able to fulfil the requirements of a fire warden; including the physical capacity to assist others in exiting a building as required and mobility sufficient enough to adequately cover the workplace premise. Person is also required to communicate well under potential stressors.
Payment options and refund policy
- Fees, cancellations and refund policies
- Obligations to our students
- Student rights
- Complaints and appeals process
- Payment terms and conditions
- This unit contains employability skills