Emergency Vehicle Driving
This course covers the competency to drive emergency vehicles safely, including the systematic, safe and efficient control of all vehicles functions and effective management of hazardous situations under operational conditions.
This unit covers the competency required to implement the emergency response specified in the workplace emergency procedures or specified by a person at a higher level in the emergency control organisation. This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
First Attack Firefighting
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to enable you to:
- Understand the principles and classes of fire
- Select and use the correct fire extinguishers, blankets and hose reels on different classes of fire
- Recognise common causes of workplace fires and prevention methods
- Recognise the key actions in a fire emergency, commonly known by the acronym RACE
- Risk assess workplace fires for risks presented
- Learn key safety points for workplace fires